Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Just overwhelmed...

Gratitude. That just doesn't fit. It's this deep stirring in my soul that says this is RIGHT and I am at peace. Most of you know that we have quite a bit stirring at the moment with all the pieces that must come together to leave the country (I won't go in to detail here), but the overwhelming support and love we feel is buoying us tonight. Brant and I have been sitting in the business center for hours while my mother sits in our bathroom watching over the sleeping children in our bed. We have literally gotten over 100 emails -- all people ready to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to get BOTH these kids home -- mountains are being moved ALL AROUND THE GLOBE. It's crazy. When I said it would take a village to get this done, I never imagined THIS -- truly, you are our family, and your love for our children brings me to tears.

Speaking of the children... it is marvelous to be on our 3rd day with them -- they are loosening up and jabbering away. Bella has even started spouting English words all on her own -- it's amazing to see what she comprehends ALREADY. Bode has said "Mommy" and "Daddy", which of course completely melts his parents' hearts. I am still amazed at their countenance -- it is a testament to what God can do, no matter what. Who knows what roads they've been on up until today -- I can only imagine what they've seen and experienced, and what they've lost -- but my God has protected them, and it is obvious. Their hearts have room to love, and to be loved. Bella is attached to my side, constantly holding my hand and hugging me. Goodness, I'm so glad to be permanent in her life, and I've been smothering her right back. She is quite contemplative, and it's apparent that she's processing everything. I can't wait until she can talk to me and tell me exactly what she's thinking. Bode loves to play ball and run around -- and roughhouse, just like our other boys! He's a perfect Schelhaas! His giggle is out of this world. I laugh hysterically every time he does it.

Will write more if we can -- not even sure we'll go to bed tonight with everything swirling on our behalf in the States today!!!! Lots of love... and with grateful hearts... Karen (and Brant)

2 comments:

Vicki R said...

Hi guys! Just checking the blog again before I go to bed to see if any news. :) I'm getting ready to go out of town (to MN to see some of my family including my quad nephews and my nephew who had his heart surgery when he was 7 days old) who you have both generously prayed for in the past! They are 6 (Max, Isaac, Caleb and Ben) and 4 (Ryan) now and are all miracle babies!! God is good! I will tell the little tykes to include you in their evening prayers (well, at least the ones who talk well...Isaac and Ben still have some language issues....but they'll be with you in spirit!)

Lisa said...

Dear Karen,
I told you I would read your blog from start to finish. I'm about half way done and it is riveting. I know as I write this, you have been home now for over 2 months, but I like how the story unfolds before me and I smile and tear up as I read about this amazing journey.

Now I'm back to reading ...

Lisa, your neighbor.