




So much for jogging today. Instead, I stared at the ceiling until 3 AM, which turned out to be quite helpful, considering the blaring fire alarm went off in the hotel about that time. I was the only guest who wasn't awakened out of a dead sleep. We were quite the lot out on that street corner, I'm telling you. Brant and I threw on our robes, and quickly discovered that Europeans actually get dressed for such events. Oops. Smile. Turns out the building next to our hotel had caught fire, so the middle-of-the-night adventure was worth it. Climbing back up 6 flights of stairs at that hour is quite unsettling. Nevertheless, we were back in bed by 4 AM.
After Brant's work was completed this afternoon, we took off on a walking tour of the city. Westminster Abbey, The House of Parliament/Big Ben, 10 Downing Street, The National Museum, Buckingham again... but the art at the Museum was my favorite. I left so inspired and moved in my spirit. Beauty is everywhere in London -- you can't miss it.
We stumbled upon a Sri Lankan restaurant near Buckingham Palace and had a fabulous meal there. As most of you know, we plan our lives around food. Smile. This place did not disappoint.
Tomorrow we'll wake up and go running together in Hyde Park, pack up, and then we'll hang with my college friend, Debbie, and her husband. Then we'll head to Heathrow and meet up with my mom. Brant and I are REALLY giddy about Sunday's events. After all of these years, we're THIS close to adopting children, and it's electrifying. I'm not sure I'll sleep for the next 3 days! Love you all... I'll post again AFTER we get the kiddos!!!! OH JOY!!!! Karen
1 comment:
I can't believe you are just hours away from meeting Bode and Bella!!!! My heart is beating fast in Colorado for all the amazing things about to unfold in Addis. I know you will love Ethiopia as much as I do...I can't wait to hear what that moment is like when you first lay eyes and hands on them!! Love to you - Lindsey
Post a Comment